Air pollution and baby health
Infants aged 0-3 spend most of their time indoors. Babies at this stage are developing and have relatively low physical resistance. The problem of air environment in big cities is becoming more and more serious. Parents spend less time with their babies, and they spend more time indoors. However, indoor air pollution in the home cannot be underestimated. First, the baby’s height is much lower than that of an adult, and it will suck in more harmful substances deposited on the ground. Secondly, the baby will contact various sources of indoor pollution through skin contact, sucking, and biting. Because the functions of detoxification and detoxification organs of babies are not yet perfect, the pollutants entering the body cannot be detoxified and discharged well. Therefore, babies are often the more severely harmed by indoor air pollution. Common indoor air pollution is as follows:
1. Decoration materials, household products: paints, paints, wall coverings, and newly purchased furniture used in interior decoration will emit phenol, formaldehyde, asbestos dust, radioactive substances, etc., which can cause headaches, insomnia, dermatitis and allergies. , Reduce human immune function.
2. Microorganisms, dust mites, bacteria: Microbes and micro-dusts mostly live in a warm, humid and dirty environment. They are present in the air with dust particles and become a way for allergens and diseases to spread. Among them, dust mites are an allergic source of human bronchial asthma. Items that are frequently used in the home, such as the sofa in the living room and the beds in the room, are all hotbeds for these microorganisms and bacteria.
3. Indoor breathing gas and second-hand smoke: pathogenic bacteria and various odors emitted by the human breath, which are mixed with many toxic ingredients. In addition, the cells shed from human skin account for about 90% of airborne dust. If the concentration is too high, indoor biological pollution may be formed, and even a variety of diseases may be induced. In addition, there are many “carcinogens” in second-hand smoke, which seriously affects the indoor air environment.
4. Kitchen oil fume: In the process of cooking, food and kitchenware will produce a lot of harmful substances due to thermal decomposition. In the case of poor ventilation, the concentrations of carbon monoxide and nitrogen oxides produced by the burning appliance are greatly exceeded, and such concentrations are likely to cause harm to the health of the baby.
What measures should parents take to prevent indoor pollution?
1. Lead by example, put an end to pollution at the source
First, for the sake of the child’s health, the dad cannot smoke at home and in front of the child. If someone is a guest at home, they should also be advised not to smoke indoors. Secondly, in order to reduce the pollution caused by oil fume in the kitchen, the range hood in the home should be selected to have a good exhaust effect. It is best to open the window when cooking to avoid excessive oil temperature and pay attention to the choice of oil. Third, often turning on the air conditioner can easily lead to the multiplication of molds, bacteria, viruses and other microorganisms. When the weather is hot, the air conditioning fans can be used alternately, and pay attention to opening the windows in a timely manner to maintain air circulation. In addition, clean thoroughly before using the air conditioner. Finally, the carpets, bedding, sofas, etc. in the home should also be cleaned frequently to remove mites and bacteria, and pay attention to the appropriate indoor temperature and humidity.
2. Choose an air purifier
In addition to placing some green plants at home to absorb harmful substances in the air, you can also choose to use air purifiers to achieve a good effect of indoor air treatment. When in use, the air purifier should be placed near a vent such as a window or doorway to enhance the purification effect.
Jese intelligent air purifier, small and exquisite, designed for baby room, give the baby a pure and pollution-free environment.
The three-in-one HEPA filter can efficiently purify bacteria, dust, hair, PM2.5, smoke and other pollutants. The circular air inlet design accelerates air circulation and uniformly purifies the surrounding air. Negative ion air purification. One-button operation, two speeds of wind speed, high wind speed allows you to breathe clean air during your baby’s playing time; low wind speed runs with low noise, allowing your baby to sleep without worry. When babies go to school, Jese smart air purifiers will be an indispensable companion on their desks.
It should be noted that the filter element of Jese smart air purifier needs to be replaced in time every 6 months. Because a lot of harmful substances such as dust and mold can accumulate on the surface, the purification function of the filter element is reduced. Replace the filter element in time to avoid secondary pollution caused by dust, mold and other accumulated on the element.